North Carolina State University
Master of Computer Science, May 2019
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University
Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science, May 2017
Jun - Aug 2018
Software Developer Intern
- Owned the development for simulating Bluetooth Low Energy sensors for car tires in a team of 8 people.
- Built an Android application that interfaces with the sensor to report results and predict the tire’s remaining life and mileage.
- Learned firmware technologies from scratch and completed the feature in less than a month, deploying to 1M+ users including drivers and fleet management companies.
Jun - July 2016
- Built an Android application to track bills and other shared expenses replacing the use of disparate spreadsheets
- Increased efficiency and enabled on-the-go tracking among 50 employees.
Blackbuck Engineers & Company
May - Jun 2016
Web Developer Intern
- Developed social groups feature for the largest engineering student-employer networking platform in India.
- Programmed features similar to Facebook groups, with comments, networks, and administrators.
- Led a team of 5 through effective communication and project management to build and integrate MVP of the product within 1 month.
- Built a resilient Big Data pipeline using Apache Kafka, Spark, and MongoDB that processes voluminous e-commerce user purchase data by performing aggregations on user ratings.
- Programmed to process 1M+ records every minute using a distributed setting while providing real-time analytics using MongoCharts.
- Built a model in Python that classifies the direction of the S&P 500 index with an accuracy of 63% using Logistic Regression, Random Forests, Support Vector Machines, and Multilayer Perceptron Neural Networks.
- Integrated 25+ years of data from Yahoo finance, US Govt. bonds, and Federal press release statements.
- Programmed a chess engine from scratch in Java which uses Minimax and Alpha-beta search algorithms with support for both Human-vs-AI and AI-vs-AI game modes.
- Experimented with 50+ combinations of heuristics to determine the best scoring policy.
- Developed cross-platform side-scrolling game in C# and published it on Google Play Store with 100s of downloads and all 4 to 5-star reviews.
- Provided updates based on user feedback and optimized the game size to 50% the size of its initial build.
- Developed random and Linux-like schedulers in C to overcome the starvation problem caused by Xinu’s scheduler.
- Implemented Reader-Writer lock synchronization and priority inheritance protocol to solve priority inversion.
Search and Sort
- Developed an algorithm in C to build and maintain an in-memory primary key index to improve search efficiency while using an availability list to support the reallocation of space for records that are deleted.
- Competed with 1500 teams and qualified for ACM ICPC Amritapuri regionals, 2015.
- Java Foundations Certified Junior Associate.
- Member of Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), 2016 – present.
- Video games (CSGO!)